Here is a list of excellent resources we recommend for our heart patients.
The American Heart Association’s Getting Healthy pages offer excellent information on nutrition, weight management, physical activity and quitting smoking.
- HeartHub® is another important resource for patients on heart disease and stroke.
- American Stroke Association includes comprehensive patient information about the causes, risks, symptoms and treatments for stroke.
Here are some specific topics of interest:
- Society for Vascular Surgery Vascular Conditions, Tests & Treatments
- American Diabetes Association Living with Diabetes: Complications
- CardioSmart™: American College of Cardiology
- Heart.org: American Heart Association
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement)
- MitraClip: Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
- Watchman™ Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Device
- CardioMEMS™ HF System