Adam D Price, MD
Chicago-native Dr. Adam Price, the first physician in his family, was drawn into medicine at an early age. He knew he wanted to specialize in a field that let him satisfy his intellectual curiosity, work with his hands and build lasting patient relationships. As a clinical cardiac electrophysiologist, Dr. Price performs procedures using cutting-edge technology to improve the lives of his patients whom he follows over the long term. With his interest and experience in research, Dr. Price also enjoys developing and utilizing new devices and techniques to improve how patients’ heart rhythm problems are managed.
After graduating cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in cell and molecular biology, Dr. Price studied medicine at University of Florida College of Medicine in Gainesville, Florida. He returned to Chicago for his internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of Chicago. He completed his fellowship in cardiovascular diseases at the University of Illinois in Chicago where he also served as chief cardiovascular fellow. Dr. Price completed his fellowship in clinical cardiac electrophysiology at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois, where he also served as chief electrophysiology fellow.
Dr. Price joined Cardiology Clinic of San Antonio in 2013 where he is proud to work in a practice with an excellent reputation for outstanding patient care and a strong EP presence led by Dr. Carlos Roman, Dr. David Pederson and Dr. Kiran Jayaram.
Dr. Price is board certified in cardiovascular disease, clinical cardiac electrophysiology and nuclear cardiology. He practices out of Cardiology Clinic’s Northeast and Stone Oak locations.
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
1. PRICE, A. AND SANTUCCI, PA. ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY PROCEDURES: WEIGHING THE FACTORS AFFECTING CHOICE OF ANESTHESIA. SEMINARS IN CARDIOTHORACIC AND VASCULAR ANESTHESIA 2013; JULY 3RD EPUB – AHEAD OF PRINT.
2. WRIGHT, JM. SINGH, D. PRICE, A. AND SANTUCCI, PA. TWO CASES OF SUPRAVENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA AFTER ACCESSORY PATHWAY ABLATION. CIRCULATION ARRHYTHMIA ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY 2013; 6: E26-31.
3. PRICE, A. LESHEN, Z. HANSEN, J. SINGH, I. ARORA, P. KOBLISH, J. AND AVITALL, B. NOVEL ABLATION CATHETER TECHNOLOGY THAT IMPROVES MAPPING RESOLUTION AND MONITORING OF LESION MATURATION. THE JOURNAL OF INNOVATIONS IN CARDIAC RHYTHM MANAGEMENT 2012; 3: 599-609.
4. PARK, E. PRICE, A. AND VIDOVICH, M. ADENOSINE-INDUCED ATRIAL FIBRILLATION DURING FRACTIONAL FLOW RESERVE MEASUREMENT. CARDIOLOGY JOURNAL 2011; 18: EPUBLICATION.
5. ARORA, P. HANSEN, J. PRICE, A. AND AVITALL, B. AN UPDATE ON THE ENERGY SOURCES AND CATHETER TECHNOLOGY FOR THE ABLATION OF ATRIAL FIBRILLATION. JOURNAL OF ATRIAL FIBRILLATION 2010; 1(11): 1-21.
6. PRICE, A. AND KOCHERIL, AG. THE SHAPE-HF CARDIOPULMONARY EXERCISE TESTING SYSTEM. EP LAB DIGEST 2009; 9: 20-22.
7. REEVES, R. MANUCHEHRY, A. GOONEWARDENA, SN. BLAIR, JE. PRICE, A. RIZVI, K. LEVY, A. GHEORGHIADE, M. SPENCER, KT. PUTHUMANA, J. AND WOODRUFF, J. NON-INVASIVE ESTIMATION OF CARDIAC FILLING PRESSURES BY RESIDENTS USING TISSUE DOPPLER IMAGING AND HANDCARRIED ULTRASOUND. JOURNAL OF CARDIAC FAILURE 2007; 13: S187.
INDERPAL SINGH, ADAM PRICE, ZACHARY LESHEN AND BOAZ AVITALL (2012). PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE CATHETER TECHNOLOGIES AND ENERGY SOURCES FOR ATRIAL FIBRILLATION ABLATION, ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY - FROM PLANTS TO HEART, SAEED ORAII (ED.), ISBN: 978-953-51-0006-5, INTECH, AVAILABLE HTTP://WWW.INTECHOPEN.COM/BOOKS/ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY-FROM-PLANTS-TO-HEART/PAST-PRESENT-AND-FUTURE-CATHETER-TECHNOLOGIES-AND-ENERGY-SOURCES-FOR-ATRIAL-FIBRILLATION-ABLATION
Medical Education & Training
Medical School: University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
Residency: University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL
Fellowship: Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology: Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
Cardiovascular Diseases: University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
Specialty Board Certifications: Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Heart Rhythm Society
Procedures and Conditions
- Preventative and Therapeutic Adult Cardiovascular Medicine
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Arrhythmia Management
- Cardiac Device Management
- Syncope/Fainting Syndromes
- Sudden Cardiac Death Prevention and Management
- Arrhythmia Monitoring and Evaluation
- Tilt Table Testing
- Electrophysiologic Studies
- Radiofrequency Ablations
- Cardiac Device Implantation and Management
255 E. Sonterra Blvd. #150
San Antonio, TX 78258
Phone: (210) 490-6000
Fax: (210) 490-4658
12709 Toepperwein Rd. #306
San Antonio, TX 78233
Phone: (210) 967-0096
Fax: (210) 967-0383
1194 Garner Field Rd.
Uvalde, TX 78801
Phone: (830) 278-3086
Fax: (830) 278-8873