About Brain and Spine Institute of San Antonio
The entire staff of Brain and Spine Institute of San Antonio strive to be a welcoming and relaxed presence for patients with a variety of neurosurgical needs. By taking the time to listen to patients' stories and learn about their life, work and responsibilities, treatment can be tailored to their specific needs.
Dr. Osama Ahmed regularly speaks on signs, symptoms and courses of treatment for spine/head trauma patients, and uses the latest innovative technology that's available today. In fact, he is the only surgeon in the city performing the most advanced procedure to treat compression fractures of the spine.
Dr. Osama Ahmed and Nurse Practioner Toinette Garza see patients in the NIMA building on the campus of Northeast Methodist Hospital.
Services we offer:
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Brain tumors (neuro-oncology)
- Carotid artery blockage/stenosis
- Complex spine surgery
- Cortical mapping
- Deep brain stimulation for movement disorders
- Degenerative spine disease
- Endovascular neurosurgery
- Functional neurosurgery
- General neurosurgery
- Head injury
- Herniated disc (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Skull and spine fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal fusion
- Trigeminal neuralgia/nerve compression syndromes