Surgery is used to correct injuries and improve function as a medical necessity or on an elective basis. Methodist Physicians provides unparalleled surgical care, ranging from minimally invasive to the most complex surgical procedures.
General surgeons use surgery to remove disease and repair injuries, as well as perform diagnostic tests and provide guidance on the need for surgery. Although general surgery can be performed on almost any part of the body, typically general surgery is focused on treating diseases and injuries of the abdomen, breasts, endocrine system glands and digestive system organs.
Each surgeon at Methodist Physicians Alamo City Surgeons is board certified and can walk you through any questions you or a family member may have before your procedure.
Common types of surgeries
- Breast surgeries (axillary dissection, biopsies, lumpectomies, mastectomies, etc.)
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hernia surgeries (hiatal, inguinal, incisional and umbilical repairs)
- Peptic ulcers and reflux diseases
- Stomach (gastrectomy, total and partial)
- Thyroid and parathyroid glandular surgery (aspirations, lobectomies, etc.)
- Other procedures to treat general diseases