About Maternal Fetal Medicine Center
Providing care for mother and child
At Methodist Physicians | Maternal Fetal Medicine Center, we help women with high-risk pregnancies get the care they deserve.
Pregnancy is meant to be a unique and joyful time for you and your family. If complications arise, our goal is help you maintain that joy while ensuring a healthy outcome for you and your child. We are here to act as your high-risk pregnancy coordinators by collaborating with your provider and connecting you with other specialists as needed to give you the best and most comprehensive care possible.
We work as a team to combine our collective knowledge, expertise and management skills to help guide you through your pregnancy. You will receive comprehensive ultrasounds, screening and diagnostics, with consultations through telemedicine with board certified OB/GYN physicians with sub-specialty training in maternal-fetal medicine.
Many patients referred to us have an uncomplicated pregnancy and are referred to us for an advanced ultrasound examination, given our expertise and our ability to verify that the pregnancy is proceeding normally. Additionally, in our office, we have the ability to perform advanced ultrasound exams to diagnose fetal abnormalities. Our providers are trained to care for patients with high-risk pregnancies due to a maternal or fetal issue.
Some of the high-risk conditions we diagnose, monitor or manage include:
- Advanced maternal age
- Autoimmune disorders including Lupus
- Blood clotting disorders (Thrombophilias)
- Cardiac disease
- Fetal abnormalities
- Hypertension and preeclampsia
- Multiple gestations
- Premature preterm rupture of membranes
- Preterm labor and cervical insufficiency
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
We utilize the most comprehensive set of diagnostic tools and techniques available to ensure the best outcome for you and your baby. Our services include:
- 3D/4D Ultrasound (using advanced capabilities, we are able to utilize this technology in screening and diagnostic exams)
- Antenatal testing including biophysical profile, non-stress tests, and multi-vessel Doppler studies
- Cervical length surveillance (to screen for risk of preterm labor)
- Fetal chromosome screening from maternal blood (non-invasive test with over 99% accuracy in detecting some of the more common genetic disorders)
- Fetal echocardiography (using our leading edge ultrasound skills and MFM knowledge, we are able to assess the structure and function of the baby's heart while inside the womb)
- First trimester ultrasound (aimed at screening for genetic disorders and major congenital abnormalities)