About Maternal Fetal Medicine Center
At Methodist Physicians | Maternal Fetal Medicine Center, we partner with OB/GYN physicians to help women with high-risk pregnancies get the care they deserve. We work as a team to combine our collective knowledge, expertise and management skills to help guide patients through their pregnancy. Patients will receive comprehensive ultrasounds, screening and diagnostics, and consultations through telemedicine with board certified OB/GYN physicians with subspecialty training in maternal-fetal medicine.
We utilize the most comprehensive set of diagnostic tools and techniques available to ensure the best outcome for both mother and baby.
- 3D/4D Ultrasound
- Antenatal testing including biophysical profile, non-stress tests and multi-vessel Doppler studies
- Cervical length surveillance
- Fetal chromosome screening from maternal blood
- Fetal echocardiography
- First trimester ultrasound
Referral Criteria and Process
Patients can be referred to us with both uncomplicated pregnancies and pre-existing conditions. In our office, our providers can perform advanced ultrasound exams to diagnose fetal abnormalities. We also partner with primary OB/GYN providers to help care for high-risk pregnancies where a preexisting condition or a problem diagnosed in the pregnancy has put the mother or baby (sometimes both) at higher risk for complications.
- Advanced maternal age
- Autoimmune disorders including Lupus
- Blood clotting disorders (Thrombophilias)
- Cardiac Disease
- Fetal abnormalities
- Hypertension and preeclampsia
- Multiple gestations
- Premature preterm rupture of membranes
- Preterm labor and cervical insufficiency
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
To refer a patient or find out more information, simply call our office at (800)472-4011 or fax us at (210) 575-6280.