Monday – Thursday 7:00am to 5:00pm
Friday 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
12702 North IH 35 North
Live Oak, TX 78233
Phone: (210) 650-9669
About Northeast Internal Medical Associates
It is with mixed emotions that we announce the retirement of Dr. Barbara Forseth at the end of 2021. We thank her for her dedication to her patients' well-being over the years.
To plan for her retirement, we have recently brought in two highly qualified Internal Medicine providers who stand ready to continue your healthcare needs:
Please call the office to discuss your options for your next appointment.
At Northeast Internal Medical Associates (NIMA), we focus on the primary healthcare needs of adults age 18 and older and at all stages of life. Excellent patient care is our number one priority. We value our patients and have a highly-trained staff ready to provide outstanding customer service and quality medical care.
Pillars of the Northeast San Antonio medical community and serving Northeast Methodist Hospital for decades, Dr. Randy Bergman and all of our internists and nurse practitioners are dedicated to preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases that affect adults. We can treat routine problems such as a cold or the flu and we can provide in-depth care for illnesses such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart disease.
Here's what you can expect at our clinic:
- Expect a warm and genuinely friendly reception. We have a dedicated customer service team at the front desk and on the phone.
- We'll need to see (and make copies of) your insurance card and driver's license at each visit. We need this information so we can accurately work with your insurance carrier. You'd be surprised how many of our 20,000 patients change their insurance carrier, address, phone number throughout the year.
- Our practice uses electronic medical records (EMR) and all patients will be added to our patient portal — a secure way to communicate with us for requesting prescription refills and appointments, sending messages and viewing some lab reports.
- We'd really appreciate if you would bring in:
- All of your medications. (Many patients see several physicians who prescribe medications of which we may be unaware.)
- List of questions you wish to ask.
- If you're waiting longer than 15 minutes, ask the receptionists about the delay.
- If it’s your first visit to our practice, you will be greeted by a New Patient Coordinator who will review your paperwork when you arrive.
- After a short wait, your provider's medical assistant (MA) will call you to your exam room. Your MA will weigh you, take your other vital signs and take a short history of why you're here today to see your provider.
- Our providers would like adequate time to discuss your concerns. If you have more than 2 major concerns it may be necessary to schedule a follow-up visit.
- After your appointment, we'll schedule follow-up appointments, provide you written orders for labs, x-rays and ensure you have prescriptions that you need. We will call you as soon as possible regarding your lab, x-ray or other ancillary test results.
- The office does not support transfers to other providers in the clinic unless there are special extenuating circumstances.
Prescription refills are best handled at your regularly scheduled office visit. During this time, we are able to review the proper dosages, as well as address any questions or concerns you may have. Please bring all medication bottles/packaging to each office visit
If it becomes necessary to refill your medication between appointments, please allow up to 72 hours to accommodate your prescription refill request.
We can accommodate you for a fee of $15 per prescription request.
Pharmacy faxed requests
Please have your pharmacy fax requests for refills to (210) 650-0750. This can expedite your request.
If you are using a mail-in prescription service, we do not fax or call the 800# to fill your prescriptions. We will give you a written prescription to mail to the pharmacy.
Mailing your prescription to you
If you request that we mail your prescription to you as opposed to picking up at the office, please provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
Medications requiring a triplicate (narcotics, pain medications, etc) require additional time to handle. We do not refill these medications on Fridays. Patients prescribed these types of medications need to be seen in the office for a follow-up appointment every three months.
New patient prescriptions
We do not refill any medications for new patients until they have been seen in the office and their healthcare is assessed by one of our providers.