Adults with congenital heart disease face unique challenges as a result of their complex medical and surgical history. Methodist Physicians work with Methodist Healthcare to make a difference in the lives of patients with congenital heart defects.
Facilitating the transition from pediatric to adult congenital heart care, our Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) Program offers seamless, multispecialty care at Methodist Heart and Lung Institute.
This integrated ACHD program includes outstanding cardiovascular subspecialty expertise in congenital heart surgery, interventional cardiology, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, minimally-invasive valve repair and replacement, advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology and pulmonary hypertension management.
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
- Web Booklet: Adults with Congenital Heart Defects
- Cardiology Clinic Of San Antonio Patient Education
Common Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Valve Defects
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Patent Foramen Ovale
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Anomalous Pulmonary Veins
- Coarctation of the Aorta (CoA)
- Ebstein’s Anomaly
- Pulmonary Artery Stenosis
- Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)
- Congenitally corrected transposition of great arteries
- Transposition of great arteries after Mustard or Senning repair
- Contraception in women with congenital heart disease
- Pulmonary hypertension and congenital heart disease