The Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Program at Texas Transplant Institute offers medical and surgical therapies for heart failure and feature the largest selection of percutaneous and surgical Ventricular Assist Devices (VADs) in South Texas.
The Texas Transplant Institute has the largest heart transplant program in Central and South Texas. Over 400 transplants have been performed and 200 assist devices have been implanted since the program’s inception in 1986.
- Texas Transplant Institute: Heart Transplant Program
- ITNS: International Transplant Nurses Society
- American Society of Transplantation Patient Education brochures
(Recognized by the National Library of Medicine as an authoritative source of patient information on transplantation)
- Interactive Animation: Heart Transplantation
- American Heart Association: Information for Patients