Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist Dr. Punkaj Gupta leads the multidisciplinary team caring for heart patients in the Pediatric Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at Methodist Children’s Hospital.
- Acute care for newborns and children with congenital and acquired heart conditions
- Pre- and post-operative surgical care after congenital heart surgery
- Care following catheter interventions and hybrid procedures
- Management of complex arrhythmias
- Management of pulmonary hypertension, heart failure and cardiomyopathy
- Care of patients requiring mechanical support, e.g. extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and ventricular assist devices (VADs)
- Coordinated care with pediatric cardiology, congenital heart surgery, neonatology, anesthesia and ancillary services (nursing, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, nutrition)