The Hematology/Oncology team at Methodist Physicians Pediatric Specialists of Texas is proud to offer their expertise in the diagnostic and therapeutic care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults with cancer, blood and immune disorders.
Serving patients in San Antonio and Laredo, Texas, Dr. Jose Esquilin, Dr. Maria Falcon-Cantrill, Dr. Vinod Gidvani-Diaz, Dr. Lorimar Ramirez and RN Julie Luke provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art care to children and young adults with cancer, blood and immune disorders in bilingual clinics.
Our comprehensive program includes:
- Comprehensive care for children, adolescents and young adults with cancer and blood disorders
- Coordinated inpatient and outpatient care
- Parent/patient education
- School re-integration
- Long-term survivorship programs
- Pediatric neuro-oncology clinic
- Adolescent & young adult oncology clinic
- Outreach clinic in Laredo, Texas
- Cancer Care at Children’s Cancer and Blood Center at Methodist Children’s Hospital
- Infusion clinic at Children’s Cancer and Blood Center
By treating patients in conjunction with the Children’s Cancer and Blood Center, we are proud to offer the following services to our pediatric hem/onc patients:
- Pediatric social worker
- Art therapy
- Child & adolescent psychology
- Child life
- Case Manager
- Pediatric nurse specialist/educator
- Chemotherapy-certified, experienced nurses
- On-site laboratory
- Long-term follow-up clinic
Our pediatric hematologists/oncologists participate in clinical trials through Children’s Oncology Group (COG) and National Cancer Institute’s Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP).
Patients and their families will be informed of any clinical research for which they may be a candidate during their treatment.
Our Pediatric Hematologists/Oncologists are proud to be affiliated with the following organizations: