Leading the Way Through Experience and Innovation: Comprehensive Arrhythmia Care
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists at Cardiology Clinic of San Antonio, South Texas Cardiology Institute and South Texas Cardiovascular Consultants have long histories of treating heart rhythm disturbances.
Our electrophysiologists in all locations offer specialized inpatient and outpatient services including:
- Electrophysiologic studies/arrhythmia management
- Cardiac device implantation and management
- Pacemakers, biventricular devices, defibrillators
- Catheter ablations (radiofrequency and cryoablations)
- Left atrial appendage occlusion, including Watchman™
For more than 30 years, our clinical cardiac electrophysiologists have been on the cutting-edge of arrhythmia treatment and will continue to be leaders in developing new technology.
- Minimally-invasive Convergent Procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Cryoballoon ablation
- Left atrial appendage occlusion for atrial fibrillation
- Contact force sensing technology for RF ablations
- Robot-assisted ablations
- 3D imaging technology
- Clinical trials to investigate novel medications, devices and techniques
Our volumes, long history and experience with the latest EP innovations mean our clinical cardiac electrophysiologists are experts in managing the most complex heart arrhythmias.
And our comprehensive approach encompasses all aspects of arrhythmia care:
- Diagnostic electrophysiology studies
- Medication therapy
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Cardiac pacemakers
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators
- Lead extraction
- AF ablation (radiofrequency, cryoballoon and hybrid procedures)
- Carlos A. Román, MD, FACC
- The EP physicians at CCSA have been involved in arrhythmia management since the inception of Interventional EP. Electrophysiology care has been part of CCSA since 1994, and we remain proponents of bridging wise medical decisions with the newest treatment alternatives. We have participated and shaped the evolution of the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias through ablations and device therapies. We offer solutions to the widest variety of cardiac rhythm challenges. We treat our patients with a collective experience, which is second to none in the region.
- David N. Pederson, MD, FACC
- Our early leadership in the field of catheter ablation has allowed us to systematically build a solid, safe and effective program for the treatment of atrial fibrillation. This program has grown to be one of the largest and most prestigious in the San Antonio area. The increased volume has helped us to learn even more from our patients. We then apply this knowledge and skill to provide better care to all of our future patients.
- Kiran N. Jayaram, MD
- I am proud to be part of a group of physicians that provides comprehensive, expert care to patients with a variety of arrhythmia disorders. Our practice offers a range of non-invasive diagnostic testing such as electrocardiogram, event monitoring, Holter monitoring, and tilt table testing. Our treatments include ablation, pacemaker implantation, and medication therapy. We also offer cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure. Our Center provides ongoing care for patients with pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Adam D. Price, MD
- Our desire to provide the highest quality of care for the community has driven us to provide the latest clinical advancements in care to our patients. Utilizing technologies such as cryoballoon ablation as well as a hybrid ablation approach using both surgical and catheter-mediated techniques, we continuously strive for the best possible outcomes in the management of atrial fibrillation. Similarly, our experience with left atrial appendage occlusion technology offers an alternative management strategy for those patients not suitable for oral anti-coagulation. We look forward to continually bringing innovations to assist our patients in the management of their complex arrhythmias in the future.
- Zalmen Blanck, MD, FHRS
- As the most recent addition to the arrhythmia group at Cardiology Clinic, I can say that we provide the most comprehensive approach to managing cardiac arrhythmias in patients with and without heart disease. My partners and I have almost 100 years of combined experience! Even with the latest technology and tools, we don’t lose sight of the fact that patients always deserve compassionate and cost-effective care. And we strive to provide that every day.