Our Neurohospitalists Dr. Adam Blanchette, Dr. Prabhdeep Singh and Dr. Jaswinder Singh offer full-time inpatient care for acutely ill patients with neurological conditions at Methodist Hospital, a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Dr. Adam Blanchette is the Stroke and Tele-Stroke Medical Director for Methodist Healthcare System which offers 24/7/365 consultation services for rural/remote hospitals throughout South Texas.
Neurohospitalists are neurologists who are hospital-bound and see patients in the emergency department (ED) and intensive care units, and consult on patients with acute neurologic injury throughout the hospital.
Some conditions they treat include:
- Ischemic stroke/brain attack
- Hemorrhagic stroke/brain bleed/aneurysm
- Neuromuscular conditions (myasthenia gravis, neuropathies)
- Acute exacerbations/flares of multiple sclerosis
- Vascular malformations
- Acute brain and spinal cord injury
- Acute brain and spine infections (meningitis, encephalitis)
- Acute neuromuscular dysfunction
- Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Autoimmune neurology/Autoimmune encephalitis
- Neuro-infectious diseases
- Status epilepticus/seizures
- Acute exacerbations of Parkinson’s disease
Some of the services/procedures they offer (some of which are offered in conjunction and with the assistance of other specialists, including, but not limited to, radiologists and intensivists):
- tPA administration in acute stroke.
- Neurologic complications of medical & surgical therapies
- Drug- & toxin-induced neurologic emergencies
- Critical care EEG monitoring
- Neurological palliative care
- End-of-life consultation/Brain-death evaluation
- Neuro critical care monitoring and consultation
- Neurologic testing and interpretation (EEG, CT, MRI, neurovascular ultrasound, etc.)