Our pediatric stem cell transplant physicians perform transplants for the only pediatric blood and marrow transplant program in South Texas, and one of the busiest in the nation.
More than 600 transplants have been performed since the program’s inception in 1993, making it one of the most experienced programs in the country.
First program in North America to be accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) and has remained accredited ever since.
Our transplant physicians are experts in pediatric hematology and oncology with advanced training in blood and marrow transplantation.
Physicians participate in the Children’s Oncology Group, a National Cancer Institute supported clinical trials group developed exclusively for pediatric cancer research.
Certified by the National Marrow Donor Program as a transplant center.
The pediatric stem cell transplant physicians are proud to be affiliated with the following organizations:
- Children's Oncology Group (COG)
- Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC)
- National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
- Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR)
- Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium (PIDTC)
- Texas Transplant Institute: Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Download Texas Transplant Institute's Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant Program: Adult and Pediatric Brochure - PDF 2.5MB